The students of the special degree in Computer Science must undergo an internship/industrial training for their last four months of the second semester of the final year. The objectives of the course unit CSC 451 8.0 Industrial Training are as follows:
- To provide the opportunity to apply the theoretical and practical knowledge obtained in the degree program.
- To prepare students industry-ready so that they can start working on any project in computing after the completion of the degree program.
- To expose to real work environment experience gain knowledge in writing reports in technical works/projects.
- To increase the sense of responsibility and good work habits.
- To develop the technical skills directly applicable to their careers.
- To build the strength, teamwork and self-confidence.
- To enhance the creative skills and sharing ideas.
- To develop the communication skills to work with a group of workers and to learn the proper behaviour in a working environment.
- To develop the good moral values such as responsibility, commitment and trustworthiness.
Invitation to the industry:
The department invites the industry to recruit our CS special students as their interns. The curriculum of the degree program is available at http://www.cs.sjp.ac.lk/computer-science/. If your company wishes to recruit our interns, please contact the coordinator of internship program:
|Dr. P. Ravindra S. De Silva (Senior Lecturer in Computer Science)
Email: ravi(at)dscs.sjp.ac.lk, firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: +94 11 275 8918, +94 77 746 4000